09 September 2010

ICSketches #82 Sketch Book Cover & Pirate

This is why I adore sketches, so versatile, sparks imaginations.

This week's sketch at ICS is up!
Go check it out, Sassy Studio Designs is also sponsoring us this week!
Plus, the DTs works are amazing! Links of the DTs at the right bar! :)


Here's my take on it. 
Sassy Studio has a great digi - Once Upon a Time - Pirate Penny
and they are so very generous to pamper the DTs with these great digis!


With the image in mind I got inspired to use some weaving to mimick a crate-like background...


Insides:
All the pirate's loot on Treasure Island can't replace the treasure I have found in you.
Friends 4eva



Close-ups:




Supplies:
Jenny bowlin - red houndstooth
K & company - handmade diecut cardstock



-------------------------------------------------------


The sketch also reminded me to make my own sketch book!

Close Ups:
I need to write, because I cant just think and make creations.
So I need a notebook, to jot down certain ideas and to keep track with what I want to do.

I print my pages in exactly the format I want to have, and in this case, each page houses a square.
the squares allow me to draw sketches in them easily, and so I have a couple of sketches to work with when I feel like it.

I draw sketches based on what I see, sometimes, it comes when I eat or when i do window shopping.
Having a small handy book helps a lot.
And that little clip on the top? Allows me to clip some namecards or mini labels that are useful in my LO/cards later on.

I made use of the coptic binding technique to bind my pages, in that way I can open the book all the way to facilitate writing / sketching.

Supplies:
Kit:
Studio Calico Aug kit - Summer Camp
Other Embellishments:
7Gypsies - Life Autocollants
Creative Imaginations - narratives
Punch:
Ek success - puzzle shaper


:) Join us and have fun! :)

No comments :