Cardabilities Sketch 14 : A Little Birdie Told Me...

Time for Cardabilities Sketch 14! It houses my favorite embellishment-birds and bird cage! You will not want to miss this sketch! There's so many possibilities!

Here's what I did:

Close-ups:

Description:
I hand-cut the cage... Then embellished it with ribbons. I did squeeze the cage a little so it sorts of pop up.. I dont think I've ever tried a card without pop ups.. Hahaha...
I left the swirls bare - i love cardboard like that. However, just to give the birdie a little focus, I decided to paint the chipboard and then stamped some words over.

I did spend a lot of time searching for the "A Little Birdie Told me...." stamp! Knew I had that hidden somewhere... LOL. I'm having an overloaded stash of stamps!

I love this sketch a lot... Do join us at Cardabilities this week!

Supplies:
Paper- basic grey (Capella-prima donna, pageantry)
Maya road - flowers mini chipboard set, birds of a feather fresh chipboard
AC sentiments stamp
K&company - cut and paste ephemera diecut cardstock
Ribbons, birdcage and wire own collection

12 comments

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Your card is so creative,love it!!

Nikki xx said...

Stacy, your card is just stunning! I love how you've made the birdie cage and that cut ou in the middle...so clever :)

Holly said...

You hand-cut that cage? Wow, this is beautiful!!!

Stacy said...

WOW!!! Totally loving your card and that bird cage is fabulous!!!

Karan said...

love the bird cage, your card is fab..

Rhonda V. said...

Love how you added texture to your bird cage and I can't believe that you cut that out!!!

Viola Mahr said...

This is awesome-ly beautiful, Stacy! Wow, I love it girl! Thank you for sharing. I love visiting your bloggy! :)

hugs,
Viola

Pearl said...

OMG !!!! that birdcage idea is sooo simple & sooo amazing , grrl !!!!

there's no lack of inspiration coming from you too , my dear !!!!! lol !!!

Wendy said...

Your birdcage is awesome!!! Love this! Great job with the sketch!!!

Sandy Ang said...

I seem to be seeing inspiring birdcages everywhere. Would you mind if I scraplift ?

Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

Karli said...

Great take on the sketch! Your hand cut cage looks waaaaaaay fab! Hugs~

April said...

Stacy this is so pretty!! Your birdcage looks amazing. :)
- April