16 November 2010

Cardabilities Sketch 15 : LOL

It has been an absolute pleasure to see the Cardabilities DTs work every 15th and 30th of the month. Each of the DTs are so talented - do click on their links on my right sidebar, and you'll see why. :)

This week we are having a great sketch - you won't want to miss this!

Now you see why it's a wonderful sketch to work with?

LOL~


Description~
When you get a "funky" father, you'll see why. You see, my father is learning hard to communicate with us via the messenger and SMS. Sometimes these are the cheapest means of getting a message across when we are traveling overseas. Through these communications, sometimes I forget to use full spelling, and I used abbreviations. Once, I used LOL as part of a conversation.

Dad: "What's LOL? Lots of Love?"
Me: *giggles* "dad, that's a smart one but it sure meant laugh out loud in our terms. Just so you know, anyway, my LOL to you would mean lots of love"

And thereafter I got multiple LOL from him. :) that's a great father to train. I hope he'd like this birthday card!

I used some fake grass amidst the embellishments, it isn't acid free but hey it doesn't contain any photos - not that bad right? The flowers were handmade - in fact I didn't even wait for the mist to dry before I started to fix the pieces up. :)

Supplies~
did anyone know I'm a stash hoarder? Hmz. Most of these items were in stash box, and I only recall the chipboards were from Maya road. Talking about a bad hoarder? Oops!

5 comments :

annieambriel said...

wowee... such a fabbie card!!! Love all the goodies used. Lovely!!

Congrats on being maven.. woot woot!! :)

Rhonda V. said...

Ok, I totally adore the sweet story behind your sentiment! What a sweet card for your awesome Dad! You gotta scrap that story!

Viola Mahr said...

WOWEE!! So pretty! And I love your Dad! :) He's so funny. That's a good one, I've gotta try it on MY papa too! :)

hugs,
Viola

Holly said...

Beautiful card, and I just adore your sweet story about your dad. :-)

Sketchabilities said...

love this card, its just gorgeous and love the story behind the LOL....thanks for sharing