Chinese New Year Cards

Chinese New Year comes pretty soon after Christmas, so I am trying to make enough cards to go around.. Basically CNY is my favourite season, due to all the goodies that are available at each of my relatives' house. And of course, we don't meet up very often, so CNY is like a gathering for all of us.

Original Sketch by 2S4Y:

Card Inspired by 2S4Y:

Rotated the sketch clockwise. I used the column as a scroll for my title, similar to the ancient chinese scroll.
Title means to welcome the new year with luck. I've used this stamp before, it's a beauty. Lotus is considered a lucky and prosperous flower for the chinese. 

Also, I decided to play with one of my other chinese zodiac stamps. In Singapore, there is really not too many shops selling chinese stamps, so if you happen to be local and you know where to buy them, do leave me a comment! Much appreciated!

Yups, and so here goes the 2nd card.


The chinese zodiac consists of 12 animals. Next year is the year of the rabbit. I've made this card rotatable.
The chinese title means congratulations for the new year with happiness.

So there, I will try to come up with more, but in the meantime, it's resting time.

2 comments

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Just lovely! So glad you joined us this week at 2S4Y!

Cheryl Nelson said...

These are so lovely!