Sizzix: Card | Sending Smiles

Hi scrappy friends! I have been busy this week, loads of new Sizzix UK dies and filled with immensed inspirations. Happy time!

I was very inspired when I laid hands on this die. There are so many inspirations, I had to get my hands on for one first. (Check out my blog later for another in the making) Dies giving me multiple ideas are a great thing, they make it so much more worthwhile for multiple use!


I titled this card sending smiles because of the lovely garden florals diecuts which makes me smile! I love the array of dies in this set, including the bottle to hold the flowers. 


There is so much fun making this card. To back up the bottled flower scene, I used the doily in the Boho Dreams. Don't be fooled! This die set cuts seperately, so you can make use of the feathers / doily seperately.

Adding titles to cards are so easy with a vast selection available from Sizzix UK. Today I am using a combination - the Brush Capital and Brush lowercase alphabet. I had them cut a few times and stuck them one on top of the other. If you are using glitter cardstock, be sure to only use it at the top. for the lower layers, use cardstock. Cardstock adheres easily to one another. In this card, I had the sentiment pasted onto a transparency and attached 2 brads at both ends. In this way, I can easily add a 3D foam dot behind the brads and pop up my entire sentiment. 


Sometimes a plain background does wonders to a card. I prefer not to clutter my main elements. That is why I chose to use the 3-D textured impressions folder - leaves for my backdrop. This impression folder is amazing! If you look closely, there are different depth of impressions and they create a great layering! Just to add some flair to the card, I added a sleek matting to the embossed background using silver foil paper. I am so impressed in the impressions folders, I think I will be using them again and again!

Hope you enjoyed the walk through for this card today. More cards are in the works so be sure to pop over and check out my blog and Instagram soon. Be sure also to check out the Sizzix UK blog or Sizzix Lifestyle Instagram for more ideas!

For my local friends residing in Singapore, the dies are available at Made with Love (and selling out fast, so be sure to come by and see it for yourselves!)

Supplies Used:
      

No comments