Card: Enjoy Your Day

My younger brother's birthday is coming up in another 2 weeks' time. And it's high time I prepared something for his 24th birthday. He's been studying everyday right now, having his final exams soon and then he'll be a doctor. Ain't easy path, but he'll do well I believe.

Inspired by this lovely photo.
Theme: Shabby Shutters
Project / Card: Navy Blue + Neutrals + Distressed Element

Seriously, I thought it would be a good time to try a new color - blue. Yes, I like doraemon very much, but still it didn't influence me in my craft making. I did spend an hour searching for that 1 piece of navy blue pp that I had stashed somewhere. I was about to head for my storeroom already, and there it is! That's the one!

Enjoy Your Day

Decided on a card set, since it was really rare that I made use of a color so deep. The box is a 8-sided hexagonal box, made from the very same pp of the card. The gears went through distressing and crackle paint for an aged effect. Cards for guys just ain't easy to manage!



Added a pop up message inside the card. When card is opened, the message slides up to display "It's your birthday! Distressed a scalloped oval tag to include message to the receiver.







Here's the hexagonal box up-close. Made it simple to hold some treats or gift. Honestly, I haven't decided on his present yet. It'll either be some cute little chocs to help keep him awake while studying or this ornament for his desk. Either way, they'll fit in this box.

Products:
[Little Yellow Bicycle]
Twig "Petaled"
[7Gypsies]
Global Collection "Greco"

Stamp:
[Magnolia] Edwin 
[TGF] Grandpa + Grandma Set

Entering this for the following challenge:
[The Shabby Tea Room] Week #103 Shabby Shutters


Also, special thanks to The Shabby Tea Room for once again choosing my project as a terrific top 3 winner! Woot! A big THANK YOU!

Here's the link for the project.

I'm having so much fun each week joining The Shabby Tea Room, and it's always giving me much inspiration to create. Do hop over and have a look for yourselves, because I think they've the best DTs around! :)

No comments