Sizzix: LO | 2 of Us

There is something special when I work on layouts. Different photos require different themes and ideas, and I always learn a thing or 2 about the way I craft. Despite being a crafter for over 10 years now, I constantly get new ideas and learn more things along this crafty journey.

Today I sat down with my Sizzix dies and photographs. Suddenly it dwelled onto me to build a layout with different structures in grid mode using mainly cardstock. I know most of us always pick out some pretty pattern papers when it comes to crafting, but what if I did it without pattern paper? Here is the layout I came up with! 


Cardstocks are also a beauty to play with, and I thank Sizzix for a great pack of cardstock sheets! 20 yummy colors to choose from, useful for any occasions! Alongside, I chose to use an array of dies. These dies can't go wrong!


I like playing with embossing folders, especially on layouts. They create textures, and visually appeals to me. Here I have used the Sidekick Side-order sets - Beach, Valentine and Birthday. I created different cards and aligned them in a grid manner on the layout. To add shadows and dimension to the embossing, I used some distress inks to highlight the embossed portions.





Then, I used the Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Tags to randomly add a different shape all around the layout. I don't really want the layout to look so square, so I chose to use these tags. To add even more dimensions, I did some random stitching on the tags as well. 


Next up, I decided to add a pocket to this layout so I can do some secret journaling for the husband ha! To do this, I used the Sizzix Gift Card Bag die, and titled it #we. This is like using the negative of the diecut, and you can use the positive diecut for some other project as well. I used the biggest tags to fill up the pocket, and another smaller tag to hold it in place. Just add brads to hold the tags together. On the larger tag, I added a photo on the front and my journaling to the back.



To further reduce rigid edges, I used the Tropical Bird die to highlight some of the featured portions of the layout. I have also cut out the flowers and used it as decoration randomly. 


It was fun coming up with this layout, it was like an architecture slowly transforming and appearing before my eyes. Hope you enjoyed it too! 

Do check out the Sizzix UK blog and instagram for more ideas! While you are at IG, also check out #mymakingstory for even more inspirations! 



Sizzix Supplies Used:
1. Sizzix multi tool 

No comments