LO: Fatherly

Happy Lunar New Year! 

It's one of the biggest festive seasons in Singapore - the Chinese New Year, where there would be lots of visiting / eating / drinking. During this time, there is lots of family gathering, and therefore my favorite season of the year. I don't get to see some of my relatives very much during the year, hence chinese new year is the time where I get to visit everyone of them.

Amidst the visiting and festive cheers, I started on this layout as I was really lucky to capture this look on the camera. Took a span of 3 nights (after the reunion dinner and visiting), but I am happy with the end results. There is a lot that I wanted to document on this photo, and especially because I am closer to my father. In this photo is my father and my nephew from my mother's side. My father loves children and is always able to make any child smile no matter how grouchy the child is. I am always amazed at his ways with children.






I first started the layout by using a circular stencil to paint the base. Then I spent the most amount of time with the alphabets background. I did it because I wanted to remind myself of the love that my father had given to us when we were young children. The alphas were pasted on a cardstock before covering up with aluminium foil and then colored with gesso, multiple spray mists, paints and gold finger. Another layer of aluminium foil is also added below for layering (colored in similar fashion). Afterwhich, I added some colored textured paste to add texture to the layout. In fact, the coloring and painting alone took me 2 nights to accomplish. This is really not my usual colors, but I must say I had fun with it and it looks like a new venture. :) Some closeups:


 Have a great week ahead! :)


No comments