MWL: SG50

MWL is celebrating SG50! Today, we are doing a collective celebration post for National Day and all DTs are coming up with a project.

Singapore - the home I have known for the last 30+ years of my life - is celebrating SG50 this year. This is the hometown I am proud of, and a place I call my home. This tiny red dot in Southeast Asia had provided me security, basic livelihood measures, staple food, education opportunities and stability. 

It is a unique country, where all races live in harmony here in Singapore. Where else can you find Indian curry, Fish & Chips, Mee Rebus (Malay food), and Chicken rice all under one roof? 

I love the friendly smiles from the neighbours when I get home after a long working day as we take the same lift up to our HDB homes. I love that our RC (recreation committee) from different district organizes activities for the young and old. I love that the decorations go up during different festive seasons (Like Hari Raya or Chinese New Year). Yes, this is Singapore. In times of trouble, I can trust Singaporeans to gather and support each other when needed. I am proud to be a Singaporean. 

Here's the project I have designed in celebration of SG50 - Star Stab Binding

Inspired by the 5 stars in our flag, i used this together with a pattern paper with the houses to signify the warmth and shine in Singapore. I colored the car red as well, since red is a symbolic color for Singapore (and my car is red too!).



Materials used:
Rangers Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Festive Berries
Webster's Pages #US2371D November
Theresa Collins - Glam Factor #PC1013 Triangles
Theresa Collins - Wanderlust #WAN102 Stripes
May Arts thick gold thread
Cardstock

Materials can be found in Made With Love.

Do drop over to visit these talented designers too!


  
 
This year celebrates 50 years of independence for Singapore. Happy Birthday Singapore! May you continue to thrive and prosper for the generations to come.

For fellow Singaporeans, let's continue to build a society of love and care as we always do. I am sure hand in hand, we can strive towards a better tomorrow in Singapore. 
















No comments