MR DT: 12x12 Layout | BFF & a little home decor

Hello Roadies! I am back again on the Maya Road Design Team Blog [here] sharing a layout, a sweet floral deal and a little home decor which I had been tempted to work with!

For starters, I would like to share a layout on my best friend. I wanted to scrap this photo quite badly. We have been friends since schooling days and no matter how often we meet up, we always have something to talk about.


I chose a natural selection of colors in my layout, with one of my favourite tulle flowers as the main embellishment highlight.



The tulle flowers are soft and easy to match. I like to add some jute and the MR diecut leaves to layer with the flowers. Flowers are the main staples for me, they add a flowy and dreamy feeling to the layout, and can be used for a variety of themes.

To complete the dreamy look, I added some MR fabric trims and pearl trims to hide the edge of coordinating pattern papers. 


Layering paper flowers with resins are a favorite too! Try cording the stems around a piercer, and shape the stem as if it was the vines of the paper flower. I love adding this trick to my paper flowers, they give an added vintage look to it!


The kraft doilies gives a good background in this layout, and I later added a variety of Maya Road products for the layering! I have a feeling that you might see this cute envelope die cut and the resin diamond quite often in my layouts! These are absolute favourites, and they go hand in hand with the flowers in this layout! 


Hope you have liked the layout so far! Check out the fun items Mayaroad have on sale this month. Save 30% on flower products in the flower collection! Shop happy today! Be sure you use the FLOWERPOWER code at checkout!

Just because I got hooked with the flowers I was working with, here is another home decor project:


This is quite easy to accomplish, and the floral decor can be really used as a bag brooch as well. I first started by gathering the supplies:


Grab your glue, and start to build them up! I started off with the shimmering pointed petal flower as the main highlight, and layered the other items according to my preference behind the flower. Last to go on is the clip!


Next, I worked on doing some crochet with some crafting jute cording and the jute and twine cording.


Adding 2 different jute cordings give it strength and color shading. I always love a little hand crochet basket on my desk, holding my project embellishments or little items lying around.


I hope you like the layout and the home decor project today! Now do not forget to check out the flower deals at Mayaroad.com

Thank you for joining me today!

Supplies Used:
[Layout]
[Basket]


No comments