Sizzix: Card | Christmas

Just 4 more days to Christmas! I can't wait to spend the day with my family and loved ones. It is also the day we exchange gifts and have a feast! 

To prepare for the day, I would need a total of 10 cards and gifts. Usually, I would opt for gift cards as they are the most practical option for the year. This year, I am sending them some Starbucks gift cards, and I wanted to package it together with some hand written greetings.


I tried to keep things simple. I find that a simple card usually means that it is easily accepted by most people, and it is always a good idea when dealing with last minute cards! I do tend to whip up cards at the last hour, so simple cards using sizzix dies are the best solutions!


For the bases, I used the Sizzix Framelits Die Set 6PK - Rectangles. Then I used one of the dies from Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations - Home for the Holidays to diecut the pull up tab. 


Next, I tool my Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK - Labels, Fancy #4 for the centerpiece. As you can see, basic framelits dies really works wonders. They are essential to my work!



Next I made use of the other dies from Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations - Home for the Holidays for the decoration. The Sidekick is useful for small dies like these, it makes it easier to handle. I find it convinient, and it is always on my table, waiting for its next use. 


Setting up the scene on the card front is super fun! Just layer the elements to create a fun christmas scene! For the title, I used a combination of dies. The word Merry came from the Sizzix Thinlits - Retro Merry Christmas and Christmas came from Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations - Home for the Holidays. The word Christmas was die cut 3 times with foil paper, and then layered one on top of the other so as to achieve a pop up effect.


I love how the card slides out with a gift card for the receiver! It is a fun and surprising element to add~

Looking for last minute Christmas ideas? Check out the Sizzix UK blog for more ideas!

Here is wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holidays! 

Sizzix Supplies Used:


No comments