Sizzix: Book | Butterfly

Hello! This year had been a great start for me and I have been making a point to practise more on my book binding. Today, I found inspiration from Sizzix - large delicate butterfly die by David Tutera. 


I love this die set. I have been using this die for a previous album and from there, I thought it would be cool to make a book with this die as well. For the cover, I used a different base patterned paper so there is contrast. For these 2, I trimmed off the edge so there is no folding. The inserts are folded in half, and align on the dotted lines indicated on the die. 


The binding connects the inserts and links up the left and right side of the butterfly. It is as though the stitching was the body of the butterfly! For this binding, I chose to use the long stitch method, and then finally gathering up the long stitches on the last stroke to mimic a star styled binding. 


To finish up, I added light details. This die really doesn't need too much embellishments to shine. I only used some pearl drops at random parts of the butterfly to increase texture, and let the butterfly shine!

I will be sharing a couple Sizzix projects soon on my Instagram and blog, the new dies are so fun to play with! Stay tuned~

Supplies Used:


No comments