MR DT: Cards | Celebrate and Thanks

Hello roadies! I am on the Mayaroad blog today with 2 cards to share. These 2 cards are inspired by this gorgeous Mayaroad die - Geometric Hexagon Die. 2 cards with 1 die - how awesome is this die!

Here is the first of the cards, using the positive die-cut. I cut several pieces of the die-cut with white cardstock and arranged them in a geometric fashion.



Each of these hexagons are actually a layer of 2 pieces of die-cuts to enhance the texture of the background. Since I was going to be using white on white cardstock, I needed the background to have some form of texture.

Then I added the silver foil die-cut on top of the existing white cardstock die-cut. The silver foil star came from the die-cut, I just cut along the edges so the background does not look so plain. 

To complete the card, I added some wood shaped star buttons and a sentiment from one of my favorite stamp set, Rose Garden Sentiments using silver ink on black cardstock for contrast. Finally, I added some printed vellum sheet and attached the card front to the base with adhesive foam. 



This really excites me, especially when 1 idea leads to another. Before I know it, 2 cards are done with 1 same die.

This card was lovely to make. While making this first card, I found a second idea to use up the negative of the same die. Instead of throwing them to the bin, I decided to work with them, and here is what I achieved.



For this card, I picked up my distress ink and colored the background piece in peacock feathers color. Then I added some temporary adhesive to the postive side of the die-cut, and stuck it on the card base. Then I went ahead and pasted the negative portions with permanent adhesive. Once that was done, I removed the positive piece, arranged it next in place and repeat the same process again. 



Here was what it looked like after I was done. Then I went ahead to trim off the sides and matted it with teal cardstock.



I really loved how the shades of teal contrast with the white negative die-cuts.



For the decoration, I added some die-cuts from the floral die set. The florals act as a base for the wood tokens. I matched 2 different wood tokens layered one on top of the other and added some leaves acting as fillers and contrast from the base. The die-cut leaves are from the same floral die set and the stamped leaves are from Rose Garden Sentiments. To complete this card, I added some frosted transparency and banners peeking out from either side of the decoration.



Hope you get inspired with Mayaroad, have a great week ahead!

Mayaroad Supplies Used:


No comments