MWL: Starburst with a French Twist

There is no other season like Christmas. To me, it always holds a special place in my heart. Christmas is a season of giving, love and happiness. I am inspired very much by this season which fills the air with so much joy. This season just sums up the whole year with a bang! :)
This time, I would like to share a starburst album for the season. I love how this turned out, Graphic45 has really a great collection - Christmas Card Collection - and the rest flowed easily.


As for the sewing, I wanted to make something special this season. I needed stitches that were expandable - so as to allow expansions on the pages for the 3D embellishments in the album - and the album still can close nicely to fit in a box for the receiver. Of course, the correct die always proves to be the best inspiration ever! I used the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set - Border Stitchlits. With these in mind, I altered the French stitch with a twist and viola! Let's take a closer look at the stitches:
And now, when the album opens, it opens out like a star:

On the sides, I randomly added pop up images as well as colored Maya Road tags for additional images or journaling. My current favourite coloring tool is the Kuratake Zig Clean Color Real Brush - enable the water color function and check out the effects!

Hope you like this album which I share this time! Supplies used are available at Made With Love. Do also check out Made With Love for more book binding class schedules! :)

See you around and have a great season of love and joy! :)

3 comments

Unknown said...

Are you having a class on this?- Aileen

Stacy said...

Aileen, do stay tuned! 😁 *wink* hehe..

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.