SS: LO - My Love For You

Hi crafty friends! I'm on Simple Stories Blog with 2 layouts inspired by the theme of love - the love for the other half.

I had some old photo shoot pictures and it was coordinating very nicely with the Simple Stories Carpe Diem Collection! It is one of my favorite collections so far because of its vibrant and beautiful embellishments!

The first layout is titled "Love without Words". Sometimes, all it takes is a smile or a hug, and you will just know what the other half is thinking!


I first did some diamond stitching on the background of the layout, and started layering random size pattern paper from the Carpe Diem Collection. The vibrant colors help to bring out the photo and create a good focus. Next I layered with fussy cuttings of the flowers, and topped it up with other embellishments. I personally loved the clip! In addition, I could not help it but also added the candy machine. It is a symbolic figure of the epic sweet smiles on our faces.


The title portion was the area of most fun! Try adding washi strips behind the journaling or stickers, it helps create a subtle attention to the words! The clear heart sticker is also a useful tool to fill up the empty spaces and give a good flow to the entire look of the layout.



On the other end, i used the cloud cut-out as a background on top of the stitching. Adding layers is easy with the sticker and chipboard sheets!



For the other layout, I used one of my favourite photos - us with the colorful umbrella! I titled this layout "Rain or Shine". Using the alphabets from the sticker sheet, i stuck them to a translucent paper before adhering to the layout. Not only does it create focus, it also allows me to give it a lift with the 3d foam dots. See where the enamel dots are? I hid the 3d foam dots just below them! 



The umbrella on the chipboard sheet is a must for this layout! How can i forget the fun we had with the umbrella? I remembered that it was a hot shiny day and we were sweating a lot from the humid heat. The umbrella was not only a beautiful prop but also helped us shade from the strong sunshine! 



I could not help it but layered some clouds on the top portion of the layout. It reminds me of the few clouds and the bright blue sky that day. Let your layout embellishments help you document a particular memory of the photo!


Hope you get some inspiration from the layouts!

Supplies:
Simple Stories Carpe Diem Scrapbooking Collection

For those residing in Singapore, Simple Stories is available at Made With Love! :)

 Visit Simple Stories for more inspirations!
·

No comments