MR DT: Pocket Letter

Hi I am back again on the Maya Road blog today with a pocket letter to share!

I am a huge fan of pocket letters. Mostly because I love to open up the mailbox and find myself in awe with the pretty mails another crafter has created for me.

Pocket letters are amazing! There are so many details packed into this mail art. Here's what I have done:


It was a wheeze creating this using all the wonderful Maya Road products! I started out with the Maya Road number clips. Love these clips! They add such a beautiful flair to the entire letter!

Towards the top of the letter, I have used the mini wood clothes pin to attach the Jute and Twine Cording which in turn hung some banners and mini envelope. I used the DIY mini envelope die, one of which was left open to create some interest. Now looking back I may want to add a mini letter to it!

For the banners, I used the ends of the bow die and folded half of it around the cording. I just used what was lying around on my table! There is another alternative to use the banner die!


In another pocket, i added a shaker card using the hearts from the Heart ATC die and some sequins for added shine. I find it a bonus to be able to use the postives of the die cut as well as the negatives!

To top it up, I added a kraft butterfly and wood token.


Here, i added the glasses from one of Maya Road's new Die Sets! Here, I layered 3 die cuts for added interest.


This pocket is layered with the diagonal ATC die. This is one of my most used dies! Love that it is simple and at the same time, helps to bring out the other emblishments which I place on them.

On 1 pocket I have added wood frame and the most gorgeous Ken Oliver Gears.

On the other, I have added the mini wood embroidery frame encasing a sentiment and the Ken Oliver Art Supplies trinklet. I love to add some complementary pockets - they look different yet the same!



Of course I had to add these to my pocket letter! Now the Maya Road tassels come in gold caps and I love them all!

Here I have used the Fire red gold cap tassel and the sand beige tassel. I have also added the bronze gift charms using the mini safety pins.


Finally to complete the look! I added a paper bag to hold my completed pocket letter. 


Decorating it was easy. I started with Maya Road trims, like the lace and measuring tape


Then I worked on a seperate tag to clip onto the package. I started with a kraft doily and pattern paper. 

Then i layered with the geometric leaves, star pinsfelt roses and rolled flower.  Love how easy it is to make my own flower embellishment and this time I added a pearl in the flower centre for some light bling.

Slot another Ken Oliver crafting tool embellishment in the midst of the flower arrangement and viola!


Hope you have enjoyed this walk through on my pocket letter today! 


Don't forget to grab your Maya Road supplies and start the crafty fun! And look out for the new dies coming your way pretty soon!


Maya Road Supplies Used:

For those residing in Singapore, Maya Road products are available in Made With Love.

Visit Maya Road for more inspirations!

No comments