MWL DT: Mini Album | 12 Days of Christmas

Try not to be alarmed by the title, yes it is only August, and 4 months away from my favorite season! I always like to make my minis a little earlier for the season, so when time comes, I just have to stick the photos and do my journalling. 

Today I am on the Made With Love design team, sharing a Christmas album I have prepared for this year. Christmas is always my favorite festive season, because it is filled with lots of love and joyous cheers!

12 Days Of Christmas

12 Days Of Christmas - Front Cover closeups

I couldn't help but to do some fussy cutting for the front cover. The little figures in the pattern paper (supplies below) are just too adorable! Decorations on this album are inspired by the pattern papers. These beautiful papers are by Pebbles - Merry Merry Collection. 

12 Days of Christmas - Sunburst

There are a total of 12 tags in this sunburst album. I made it 12, so it can house 1 picture each on my 12 days of Christmas. I wanted to document my 12 days with a photo of the day. Well 12 tags also corresponds to a sheet of 3x4 grid pattern paper! Since I love them so much, might as well use them all right?

Sunburst, tags close up

Here is the tag close up. I left some white matting on the tag, so I can just paste my photos in afterwards. The white mat also helps to highlight the photos! Then I did some more snipping. Randomly cutting out the florals in one of the pattern paper and used them as tag headers! Not only are they asthetically pretty, they function as a holder so I can pick out my tags easily from the pockets. 

Now don't forget to add some fillers! I used the Tim Holtz punch to punch out some leaves so I can stuff them in between the flowers or behind them. You will be surprised at how these little things add dimensions and layers to your project!

Piano Hinge Binding

How could I not have any binding for my albums? You can say that is almost impossible for me. So yes, I am making use of the piano hinge binding this time. The red and green combination has me wishing for Christmas to come soon! Top it up with weaving to complete the entire look. 

Oh yes, straws are used here. Don't worry, these are absolutely clean ones, used for scrapbooking purposes! I like these straws because they are sturdier than the usual ones, and they come in multiple colors! These straws are by Doodlebug Pixies - ladybug. 

All materials used for this project are available at Made With Love. 
Supplies:
• Pebbles - Merry Merry Collection
• Doodlebug Pixies - Ladybug (straws)
• Tim Holtz Punch - Pine
• Kaisercraft Decorative Block Words Dies
• Sizzix Thinlits - Gatefold Card, Birthday (bracket die for covers)
• AC white cardstock
• Red Twine
• Green Dotted Cardstock (fillers)

Want to learn how to do this? This month, I am conducting a similar workshop teaching how to construct a sunburst album with piano hinge binding. Don't forget to look out for more book binding projects / classes available only with Made With Love

Thank you for dropping by my blog today! 

No comments