MWL DT: Hungarian Braided Chain Stitch Album

Hi everyone! Time passes really fast and I am back with another book binding project inspired by a die-set! Yes, I am amazed at this journey, how we get inspired by different elements and dies etc. I have often found myself inspired by the dies I see on the racks on Made With Love! I put this project together in about 3 hours and I also found myself trying out a new stitch again!


Project planning helps to save some time for the entire process. Before I started on this project, I pulled out some dies which I am using. I really like the mini album die by Sizziz - Lori Whitlock. There are so many elements in this pack so it was really sufficient to make an album with this pack. In addition, I picked out the Maya Road rolled flower and geometric leaf die to complement.

After the necessary die-cutting, I assembled the album together. I didn't make use of the holes in the die-cut, but I decided to add a spine with the existing score line. Honestly, this idea came about only after the pieces were cut out and I decided to go with the flow!

Here's a look at the album:



This stitch is known as the Hungarian Braided Chain Stitch. I use it as a book binding stitch as it gives an embossed looped outlook, and it is very pretty when done with a thick spine. I find that this stitch gives a "full" look to the spine and creates a good amount of interest.


The rolled flowers and leaves are such a gorgeous pair! 
The die set also includes the insert page die. Here, I've used various Simple Stories "You are Here" collection pattern papers for the insert pages. There are also numerous dies from the pack which I used randomly in the pages of this album.




Supplies used are available at Made With Love.

Do also check out Made With Love FB page for more book binding class schedules! :) 

Hope you enjoyed this album and have a creative filled month of May!


1 comment

Aimée Dillon said...

Soooo cute! I love the album and the stitching! I want to make cute books now. Haha! Must go and buy some craft goodies!! :) I can't tell if the flamingo is gold acrylic or some other element? It's beautiful, where did it come from?