SS DT: 12x12 Layouts | Wedding Thoughts

Hello crafters! 

I am back on Simple Stories blog to share some layouts inspired by my wedding recently! This time, I am inspired by the wedding photo shoot taken recently for my traditional wedding. I thought I would like to document some thoughts that went in my mind during the photo shoot and it would be a good memento when hubs and I grow old! This time round, I made use of 2 Simple Stories collection which matches both of the photos I intended to craft on.

The first layout is titled "My Heart is Yours" and I made use of the Heart collection. This collection houses my favorite colors and I absolutely adore the paper elements in the pack! I had made 2 layouts previously using this collection, now another, and I still have enough for another layout!


To highlight the paper elements which I would like to showcase, I first cut them in squares of 2 sizes. Then I started planning where they would go, before finally stitching the edges of all the squares. Then I picked out the elements which I would like to use in order to highlight my photo.

Here, I have used a heart sticker and popped it over a pattern paper. This helps to highlight the embellishments pretty much!



Adding wooden embellishments from “Life in Color” collection here! I love to add wooden embellishments to showcase my subtitles. Easy way to create layering for my layouts! I also did fussy cutting of the heart shape there, it was originally meant for my journaling but I changed my mind afterwards! It is okay to make changes along the way, most importantly, go with the flow of creating and have fun!


Then, I used the more stickers to help with my title. Matting the little alpha stickers help to enhance the title. I did some fussy cutting of the rosette in order to place it below the title to help encase it.


My next layout features another wedding gown and I thought it would look best with the “Bloom & Grow” collection. I titled it “Happy Moments” and it came from the sticker sheet as well as the bits and pieces pack. How apt! I love it totally when pieces like that come to place easily!


More stitching here! I added some simple tacketing to the background in order to break the vertical flow of the layout. Simple stitch but I love that it creates sort of a fence which highlights the entire theme well! To add on to the garden feel, I also added some die-cut floral pieces, highlighted by the bradz and embellished with the bits and pieces pack! Not forgetting some sentiments along the way!



Another use of the sticker pack here. I layered then randomly then stitched up the entire row. Simple and effective!


For more details, check out Simple Stories blog! I had so much fun with these layouts and i hope you enjoyed them too! There are so much packed in the kits, there is always something in the Simple Stories collections that you will find apt for your crafting needs!
For those residing in Singapore, Simple Stories is available at Made With Love! :)

 Visit Simple Stories for more inspirations!

No comments