MWL DT: LO | You are Here

Hello! Wheee, time is passing by fast, and school holidays are over. It is the start of July, second half of 2017 already! How has the school holidays been for everyone? Perhaps you have that vacation photo at a beach resort or some outdoor fun? Time to document those pretty photos!

Today I am sharing a stitched layout on Made With Love design team! I am inspired by the Summer Days Collection by Simple Stories, this collection brings me much joy! I am always a sunshine kind of girl, so this collection is really perfect for my outdoor shoots!


When I do my layouts, I really love to add a flair of stitching to the layout. No matter how simple the stitch is, it always brings a good texture. I always find that the stitches make the layout look complete. In this layout, I first did some die-cutting with the Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Dotted Squares. Basic dies like these are important, they make the crafting work much easier. Then, using the Maya Road waxed Hemp (Lemon Yellow and Tangerine), I did some blanket stitches around the perimeter of the die-cuts. 





Another element I love using are wood tokens. These are the Maya Road wood tokens which you can find an array in Made With Love. For the ring wood tokens, I corded the waxed hemp through on both ends. That little loop around the ring wood tokens looks like little hearts on either sides extending out. Little details like these brings a smile!


In addition to wood tokens, acrylic tokens are also another embellishment I used on this layout. Subtle, but it gives a good texture and gives a highlight to other embellishments.


The materials used for this project are available at Made With Love. Hope you like the walk through and perhaps try your hand with stitching on layouts! It is addictive and therapeutic!

Don't forget to also look out for more book binding projects / classes available only with Made With Love. You can also use book binding stitches on layouts! 

Thank you for dropping by my blog today! 

No comments