MWL DT: Mini Album | Scrappy Friends (Long Stitch + Twist)

It is my turn up as Made With Love DT sharing a mini album I've hand stitched recently! I am super excited to share this album which features a twisted long stitch binding!


I was inspired by the Kaisercraft 6.5" paper pad #Me collection sitting on my desk, and I love the colors. There were some interesting quotes in the paper pad as well. It is really easy to get started on making a 6" album with a paper pad collection. There is enough pattern papers for the inserts, and some embellishments which are perforated and you could just pop it out from the pack. 


On the front cover, I decided to add the Maya Road wooden mason jar and transparency clock. It is simple to come up with the album cover once you have the main elements decided. Another trick is adding strands of MR jute craft strings behind embellishments or flowers. They act as fillers in this case, fills up some empty spaces and create layers without being overwhelming. Sequins are also simple elements that really cook a storm. Add one or two randomly across the cover, and you get a subtle shine to the page.


There are many ways to construct the album. Each of the methods has its uniqueness, and in this case, I used some fabric to help construct this album spine. The contrast of fabric (on the spine) and patterned paper (on the covers) creates a unique look.


What is an album without stitching? For me, albums with hand stitching complete the look, and add a classy definition. Book binding makes a handmade album extra special! This time, I am adding some die-cut alphabets to my album spine. Like what you see? Want to learn how I did the stitching? Stay tuned to MWL's facebook page for the upcoming workshop in October! *Wink*



Here are some closeups of the album. Add some stickers or die-cuts in the pages - decorating the pages are super fun!

Supplies Used:

  • Kaisercraft 6.5" Paper Pad - #Me
  • Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet - Close Up!
  • Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet - Ooh La La!
  • WRMK Sequin Stickers, black
  • Maya Road jute craft string
  • Maya Road wooden mason jar
  • Maya Road transparency clock, white 

All supplies used are available at Made With Love. Hope you find inspiration from the post today and thank you for dropping by my blog today! 


2 comments

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.