MWL DT: LO | LOL

Hello hello! I am posting as Made With Love DT today, sharing a stitched layout this time. It was Father's day yesterday, so today's post is really dedicated to my hero. Happy Father's Day, daddy! You are always my hero and first love *kisses*


When I started out this layout, I knew I wanted it to be in a geometrics theme. My dad is an engineer, he is also the one who had inspired me to be one. So when I laid eyes on Paige Evans' Pink Paislee Pick Me Up collection, I immediately got inspired by one of the papers.
Pink Paislee - Paige Evans - Pick Me Up Collection

What do you see from this paper? I literally saw diamonds jumping at me! So I took out my trusty scissors and immediately cut those shapes up, knowing they would well fit onto my layout. In addition, I did have them matted onto another pattern paper in the same collection just to give it a boost of contrast on the layout.


Oh, but I really had to add some more texture to the entire layout. Of course there had to be stitching! I decided to use another geometric design as the background, hence deciding to fill it up with a hexagonal/diamond pattern. Adding stitches adds a whole new dimension of texture and outlook to the entire layout, so I really love to add these stitches to my layouts.


Journal on your layouts! This is such an important part of layouts, but most commonly neglected. Most are afraid to write, but documenting memories really means recording the thoughts of the photo or layout. I use my trusted WRMK typecast for my journal purposes. It can take in 12" papers, and that is one big bonus for scrappers! In this case, I chose to cut them out in strips and adhered them with adhesive foam.



The title meant a lot to me. While acronyms are part of our lives, my father is trying to decipher the acronyms that commonly arise during our Whatsapp conversations. While the official meaning of LOL is "laugh out loud", my father really thinks otherwise. On one occasion, he asked what is the meaning of LOL, and he thought it was "lots of love"! Creative for sure! That is how LOL got its new definition and definitely something special between my dad and I.

To create the alphabets, I turned to my WRMK Mini Alphabet Punch! It provides me with easy access to title making, and also covers a good area on my layout, making it prominent.


I must say, I am really a fan of fussy cutting. I added dimensions on the diamonds with smaller diamond/triangle pieces from the same pattern paper. As the word fussy suggests, cutting papers in rough fashion, so there is really no stress about it. Trust me, even if there was an over-cut in the paper, no one will notice! That is really the beauty of scrapbooking!

Another element I love to add are vellum. They are translucent, so they create a whole new detail without over emphasis. To adhere, simply use glossy accents where the glue dries clear so the glue stains will not be apparent.

Nowadays, we are also lucky to be able to use foil and glitter paper onto our layouts! That little bit goes a long way, and it helps to highlight the details on our layouts!

Finally to complete the layout, I added some clear and blue dew drops. They fill up the empty spaces without over cluttering - that's why they are my favorite! (And I really must add, MWL has just recently stocked many different colors of dew drops!)

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there! Hope you have enjoyed the walk through of this layout! You can learn more about stitching on layouts at Made With Love, we have a new workshop "Stitch and Sew" coming right up in July!

Materials used are available at Made With Love.
Made With Love
B2-08, 313 Somerset, Orchard Road
Tel : 67337630
Facebook |  Instagram

Supplies Used:
Pink Paislee - Paige Evans -
Pick Me Up Collection
WRMK Typecast
WRMK Mini Alphabet Punch
The Robin's Nest Dew Drops



No comments